Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Looking for kind souls

I, like so many people in America, have fallen on tough times.  I lost my job in 2008 and have been struggling ever since to make ends meet.  I have been close to homelessness but manage to squeak by, all through it I never gave up faith and determined to pull through even though, often times, I could barely had the will.  Life wasn’t always like this for me, I was a successful manager in the hospitality industry, had many friends, was outgoing and had a bright future ahead of me.  Life truly was great. When I lost my job, I fell into a deep depression, after all my job was everything to me.  Like so many American’s I wasn’t prepared for unemployment and my savings quickly dwindled down to nothing. One day I woke up and decided enough is enough, it was time for me to get my life back on track and that became my number one priority.  I have been working very hard to make positive changes in my life, I have a stable roof over my head, a steady, though small, income and most importantly a very bright outlook on life.

Shortly before I lost my job I was in the middle of having some dental work done, when I lost my job, I lost my insurance, and couldn’t proceed with the dental work, during this low period in my life I developed a very bad infection in my mouth, something I lived with for quite a while.  Over the past year I managed to have several teeth pulled (11 total) and multiple fillings done.  I’m at the point now where I require partials.  The dentist is willing to work with me, and set up a payment plan, but requires a $3,000 down payment to get the work done.  I can make the monthly payments but am needing assistance with the down payment.  It is very hard for me to ask for assistance as I am usually the one offering assistance to others.  I feel it is my calling to be of service to others, which is why I chose to work in the hospitality industry, and so badly wish to get back to the place in my life where I can be of service to others once I gain my confidence back.

I hope you can find it in your heart to help me out knowing you have truly helped someone that would be eternally grateful and will pay it forward to someone else in need in the future.
Love and Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment